Our research shows 18% of pastors said that medical bills are a significant stressor in their life. Do you have current or past medical bills? Let us help. We are pleased to partner with you by matching half your medical bills up to $1500.
Empowering Stewardship is committed to reducing the economic and financial challenges that impact so many of our AG ministers, and we are aware that medical bills can be a significant contributor to those financial challenges. Through the generosity of a Lilly Endowment Grant as well as the contributions of our faithful donors, we are pleased to partner with you by paying one half of your medical bill(s) up to $1,500.
For our matching requirements, you will be responsible to pay the remaining balance on the bills. We will count any personal medical payments you have made in the past six months toward your portion of the match.
Upon approval the grant will be paid directly to the applicant. Please note that we are required by the IRS to make this grant taxable, and grant awardees will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc from the General Council of the Assemblies of God at the beginning of the following tax year.
- Must be a credentialed Assemblies of God minister in good standing.
- Medical bill(s) up to $3,000 and less than a year old will be considered.
Applicants can only apply for either the retirement or medical grant. However, grant awardees of the medical or retirement grants are still eligible for other available grants.
- A one-time Medical Grant up to $1,500 will be considered for eligible ministers.
- Total lifetime maximum of Empowering Stewardship grants per minister is $3,000 (cumulative of all types of grants).
- Funds for this grant are limited.
- Applicant completes and submits the application and submits the W-9.
- Once the application and W-9 have been received, Empowering Stewardship will confirm the minister's eligibility.
- Once approved, $1,200 and a copy of the book, Balanced Budget, Balanced Life: 10 Steps to Transforming Your Finances, will be mailed to the applicant.
- An additional $300 will be mailed to the applicant after they complete the free personal finance course based on the book, Balanced Budget, Balanced Life. That course can be previewed here.