Our research shows only 28% of pastors receive a retirement benefit in their compensation package. Do you and your church need help making a retirement plan a reality? Our kickstart plan works with pastors and their churches to not only start a retirement plan but also match BOTH the pastor and the church’s contribution (up to $100 total per month) for 12 months.
The Retirement Kickstart Plan was developed to help churches and ministers partner together to plan for retirement. The plan requires involvement from three key stakeholders: you, your church, and the Empowering Stewardship group. Here’s a breakdown of what is expected from each:
- Apply to Empowering Stewardship
- Open an MBA account
- Complete provided financial course
- Start $50 per month retirement contribution to MBA
- Adopt a retirement contribution policy for their ministers
- Start $100 per month retirement contribution to MBA for the minister
- Provide a financial course
- Start $100 per month retirement contribution to MBA for the minister for 12 months
- Make an additional one time $300 contribution when the financial course is completed
- Credentials in active standing with the Assemblies of God
- You do not have an MBA retirement account, or
- You have not made regular contributions to an MBA retirement account in the past 12 months.
If you do not qualify for our Retirement Kickstart Plan, please complete the application as we may have retirement grants available in the future.