The Retirement Kickstart Plan was developed to help churches and ministers partner together to plan for retirement. The plan requires involvement from three key stakeholders: you, your church, and the Empowering Stewardship group.
Here are the details:
- Applicant must be a credentialed Assemblies of God minister in good standing.
- Applicant does not have an MBA retirement account, or has not contributed to their MBA account in the previous twelve months.
- A one-time Retirement Grant up to $1,500 will be considered for eligible ministers.
- A total lifetime maximum of Empowering Stewardship grants per minister is $3,000 (equivalent to two grants).
- Grant funding is limited and is not guaranteed.
- Applicant completes and submits the application.
- An email will be sent to the applicant with details regarding next steps they must take before receiving a grant. This email is very important as it gives details regarding the online, personal finance course Empowering Stewardship grant applicants are required to complete as well as contact information for AG Financial in order to open an MBA account.
- Open your MBA account and begin making monthly contributions. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date of your first contribution.
- Your church will need to adopt a retirement contribution policy and begin making monthly contributions to your MBA account.
- Request your free book and start the online course.
- Once the applicant completes the final exam of the online course, Empowering Stewardship will contribute $1,500 to the applicant's MBA account.